I declare goat cheese to be the perfect “bridge” between things that are sweet and savory. Its smooth taste blends well with both sweet fruit and tangy vinaigrette. This is an easy toss together salad with the pears adding an interesting twist.
Asian Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch dried basil
- Combine first eight ingredients with a whisk.
- Combine salad greens and asian pears
- Add dressing to salad greens and toss to coat. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Serve and enjoy.