By just opening some cans of organic beans and tomatoes, you can make a quick, easy, and tasty soup in just a few minutes. In fact, this soup came out so good…I’m doubling the recipe next time.
Creamy Chickpea and Northern Bean Soup
- One 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- One 15.5-ounce can great northern beans, drained
- One 14-ounce can light coconut milk
- One 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place chickpeas, northern beans, coconut milk, tomatoes, apple juice and spices into blender. Puree until smooth.
Pour into medium sauce pan and add vegetable stock.
Simmer on medium heat until heated through.