Don’t let the list of ingredients scare you off. This pasta salad is filled with a wide variety of flavors and textures. It makes a lot, so I’m sure we’ll be eating the leftovers for the rest of the week!
The original recipe comes from the Savvy Vegetarian; however, I’ve listed the ingredients that I used below.
Tasty Vegetarian Pasta Salad
Adapted from the Savvy Vegetarian
- 1 box rotini pasta
- 1 C. canned black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 C. canned garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 celery stalks, sliced thin on the diagonal
- 2 small carrots peeled and sliced thin on the diagonal
- 1 cup sliced green beans
- 1 Tblsp olive oil
- clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tblsp fresh minced basil
- 1 Tblsp fresh minced marjoram
- 2 Tblsp water + 2 Tbslp lemon juice
- 1/4 c minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 roasted red pepper, sliced in thin strips
- 1/4 – 1/2 c. diced feta cheese
- 12 Tblsp olive oil
- 6 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (2 – 3 lemons)
- basil, thyme, marjoram
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tiny pinch cayenne
Put 6 qts water on to boil, add pasta & salt, cook al dente, drain and rinse with cold water, place in fridge to chill.
Prep the vegetables. Heat the oil in an 8 – 10 quart pan.
Add the garlic to the oil. Add the carrots, celery & green beans, and saute 5 minutes on med/high heat
Add the herbs and spices, saute briefly. Drain and rinse the beans, then add to vegetables.
Add the water and lemon juice, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender/crisp. Chill in pan in freezer for 15 min. Mix the dressing.
Combine all ingredients, including red pepper strips and minced parsley Add salt & pepper, adjust seasonings to taste, chill for later, or devour immediately.