Dear Romanesco Cauliflower,
How have I not met you before this moment?
How casually I walked through my organic market searching for eggplant, sweet potatoes and cabbage ignoring your mere existence all these years. Then you appeared suddenly in front of me, all swirly and mesmerizing, standing out amongst the other produce.
I took you home, not sure of what I was going to do but knew I had to do something….
So, I chopped you up, roasted you with some olive oil, pine nuts, garlic and a spritz of liquid aminos.
Are you a broccoli? Are you a cauliflower? I don’t know and I don’t care. When roasted up simply with some olive oil and pine nuts, you are just good, good, good.
We shall meet again, I’m sure.
Roasted Romanesco Cauliflower
Summary: Cauliflower? Broccoli? Both? You decide!
- 1 head romanesco cauliflower
- 1 Tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- olive oil, for drizzling
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut florets off of head of cauliflower.
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil on baking sheet.
- Spread florets, garlic and pine nuts on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss to spread olive oil and seasonings evenly.
- Place in oven for about 25 minutes until cauliflower is browned.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan