Dear Veggin’ Readers – thank you for being patient whilst I took a bit of a hiatus…but I’m back! I have some new recipes and product reviews to get us going. Let’s start first with an easy to make slow-cooked Italian zucchini.
Summer’s harvest is here and this is a totally easy way to cook up the bounty without heating up the kitchen (or take a lot of prep time).
Slow-cooked Italian Zucchini
Summary: An easy-to-make meal using your garden’s summer bounty.
- 4 zucchinis, sliced lengthwise 1/4 inch thick
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesean cheese, grated
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker except for the tomatoes and cheese.
- Set on low for 7 – 8 hours.
- Add tomatoes and cook for an additional 1 hour.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish.
- Sprinkle parmesean cheese on the top.
- Place under the broiler until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Diet type: Vegetarian