Faced with feeding a hungry group of people some snacks, I decided that rather than heading out and buying store-bought hummus, I just threw together stuff I had in the pantry. As a result, I ended up with a smoky-spicy hummus-like dip. Perfect for vegetables, pita and crackers.
I left out the oil but if yours is coming out dry, you can add about a tablespoon into the mixture and you should be good to go.
Recipe: Black Bean and Chickpea Dip
Summary: A “better than store bought” version of hummus.
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos (or tahini or soy sauce)
- dash cayenne, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients in blender and process until smooth.
- Refrigerate before serving.
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)