I’ve said it before here on Veggin’, risotto isn’t that hard to make. But, this recipe makes it ridiculously easy to make. Sure, you have to chop up some broccoli and throw it in a food processor, but other than that, you just toss everything in the cooker and let it cook away…
(Also, the bonus with this recipe is chopping the bejeezus out of the broccoli in the blender or food processor. I think I had way too much fun with that.)
Recipe: Slow Cooker Broccoli Risotto
Summary: An easy risotto that you can walk away from while it is cooking.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups Arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 pound broccoli florets
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- parmesean cheese, grated for garnish
- Shred broccoli florets in food processor.
- Turn slow cooker on high. Add olive oil into slow cooker.
- Add risotto rice and onion flakes and mix around in the oil.
- Add garlic, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper.
- Stir in broccoli and vegetable broth.
- Add butter on top.
- Cover and cook for 2 hours. Check on it every 30 to 45 minutes. Add more liquid as necessary until rice is tender.
- Stir in Greek yogurt and mozzarella.
- Serve with parmesean cheese on top.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 2 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4