Happy New Year, dear Veggin’ readers…I’m back after a bit of a hiatus!
Let’s start this year our right with some good luck with this Hot Black-Eyed Pea dip. Quick to make when in a hurry. And, a great good-luck pot-luck dish!
This recipe came about after just throwing a bunch of ingredients into the food processor. The spiciness is dependent on how many jalepenos you throw in and what kind of salsa you use. The leftovers will be used as a base layer in some upcoming tacos or burritos, I’m sure!
- 2 15-oz cans black eyed peas, drained
- ¼ cup no fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese, cut in chunks
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup salsa
- 1 T lemon juice
- ¼ large onion, chopped
- 6 - 7 jalapenos, sliced (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Put in blender or food processor, one can black eyed peas, Greek yogurt, chunked cheddar cheese, salsa, onions, jalapenos.
- Blend until nearly smooth.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour from blender into a small baking dish. Stir in second can of beans. Top with shredded cheese.
- Place in preheated 350 degree oven for 20 - 25 minutes until cheese is melted and it's heated through.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips.